$ cat about_chcon.txt⌗
CHCon is a conference for security professionals and hackers in Christchurch, NZ. Training will be run on Thursday 4th November, and presentations on Friday 5th and Saturday 6th. A CTF will be run across both days of the main event that will include cyber, physical, electronic and social challenges across a wide variety of skill levels. This year has some really neat challenges that you won’t want to miss!
All official conference events will be held at The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora at 2 Worcester Blvd, Christchurch Central. Be sure to email us if there’s something in particular you’d like to see happen at the con!
The event is being coordinated by a collaboration of people from the local ISIG and Women in Tech groups. These are two information security and technology groups that meet regularly in Christchurch.
$ chcon21 –faq⌗
- Who is it for? You! IT security professionals, web developers, software developers, students, wannabes, hackers, enthusiasts, “your title here”.
- Where is the event held? All conference events will be located in the Central City. The training and main event are to be held at The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora at 2 Worcester Blvd, Christchurch Central. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of signage to ensure that you don’t get lost!
- Where will I find the hackers? Throughout the conference you’ll be sure to find fellow cyber security enthusiasts at the Kaiser Brew Garden above the Riverside Market. The good people at Kaiser offer a very respectable assortment of craft beers, cocktails and Kombucha along with sharing plates and pizza.
- Where in CHC can I stay? As the conference and all associated events are being run in the Central City we’d recommend staying around there (view options).
- How can I help promote CHCon? Spread word of the conference to anyone you think could be interested in attending, and make sure to tag @CHCon_nz in your tweets!